The Virgin Labfest year 7 is now open for submissions of both one act and full-length play scripts. The Virgin Labfest is an annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works for the theater held in the middle of the year (June to July) at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. This festival is a partnership project of the Writer’s Bloc, Inc., Tanghalang Pilipino, Inc. and the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
The Virgin Labfest is open to submissions of the following written works:
1. one-act plays, (maximum running time: 40 minutes)
2. full-length plays, (minimum running time: 1 hour 20 minutes; maximum running time: 2 hours)
3. All submitted works must NOT have previously been
– published in book form;
– staged commercially for more than two performances (staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
– won any literary or drama award in national competitions
4. works may be in Filipino or English.
this year the Virgin Labfest will choose only 1 full-length play for full production in the festival. (Other full length play submissions may be considered for staged readings during the two-week-event.)
The festival has been open to various themes and genres and has never restricted submissions favoring any specific category. While we continue to uphold this principle, this year, however, the Virgin Labfest hopes to include works that fall into these categories:
1. Regional Language plays: plays written in Hiligaynon, Cebuano and/or Ilocano.
2. Plays for children (special venue)
3. Plays that tackle or are related to Jose Rizal’s 150th anniversary commemoration.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2011.
Official entries will be announced first week of May 2011.
Submissions should indicate name and contact address of the playwright.
You may submit your entries to the following email addresses:
you may deliver at least two hard-copies of the manuscript to:
DRAMATIC ARTS DIVISION
Performing Arts Department
Cultural Center of the Philippines
Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
for more inquiries please contact:
0917 540 8441
Clottie Lucero or Nikki Torres
HYPERLINK “mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” email@example.com
832-1125 local 1606 – 1607