Ngayon lang ako nanood ng movie na kailangan akong kalmahin habang nasasinehan. Mabuti na lang at singlaki ko ang kasama ko at hindi siya nasasaktan tuwing napapasuntok ako. Pati mga nasa harap ko, nakatikim nung magbukas sila ng cellphone na nakakaagaw ng atensyon sa screen. Enough na siguro yung review ng Captain America: Civil War.
Iyun lang. So far parang pinakapaborito ko ang Captain America franchise. At dahil sa Civil War, I felt compelled to create these Marvel Heroes Trading Cards and their Live Action Movie counterparts. Enjoy.
Yup, effort yan. Pero worth it. Favorite ko naman nung bata ako ang Avengers at si Spider-Man na madalas kong pato pag naglalaban ng text when it was pronounced as teks pa. Ito ang ilan sa mga naitago kong memories nung kabataan ko. click here
At to close, para naman sa posters ng Movie. Ito naman ang Capatain America Civil War Posters. Divided We Fall.
There are these posts in Facebook that you just can’t stop yourself from stopping scrolling down and among these is the The 6 Most WTF Special Edition Comics Ever Released. THey were so-so, racist post, homophobic tales like that. But the best part for me was the top 6,
#6. The Marvel Swimsuit Edition
I was so into it, that i downloaded pics of the book and imma share them to you. Here is the
The Dark Knight + 500 Days of Summer + Jurassic Park + Sally Field =
Genre: Super Hero, Romance, Suspense, Drama.
Yes they are all that i felt during the movie. And i love it. What’s not to love? Dark Knight. Love it. 500 Days of Summer. Love it. Jurassic Park. Love it. Sally Field. Love her!
It started in a heavy note. Yes, the way that the Dark Knight did. So Dark. Like the night. It did not stop there, the troubled Bruce who lost his family poured on some of his angst to the teenage Peter. Peter on the other hand, is not that lovable. He is flawed, almost vengeful. Bordering on irritating.
The love story brought back the highs school heart beat. The awkward boy trying to woo a beautiful but quirky girl. Gwen was quirky here. Hence, 500 Days of Summer. Similarly. “… you should know upfront that this is not a love story.”
Gwen inside a confined space, watching the Lizard passed through the slits of the door. Wow, this was the suspense of Jurassic Park, when the kids were in the kitchen and the Raptors. Same hold-your-breath-moment.
And the Best Actress. Sally Field. Doing a best actress performace.
1. So let’s start with, I love Sally Field and Martin Sheen. They were lovable aunt and uncle. I almost forget that they were just Aunts and not grandparents. Martin Sheens line were deeply rooted. Sally Field has lesser screen time, but every moment was memorable. Every scene had a different unit. It was a showcase of Sally Field’s range as an actress.
2. Peter was too troubled, he seemed to be a damaged soul. And i can relate to him. He was flawed but relatable. He isn’t lovable but relatable.
3. The skateboard explain Spider Man’s fascination with speed and the Physics of it all. In addition to the fact that he was studying in a Science High School. And the bag, which was always with him explains where his items were. These kept the story grounded, or something that might happen in reality. The technology was based on the neo science fiction world of Iron Man, hence the invention of the web-shooter.
4. Some concepts on the other hand, were unexplained and left to the imaginations/knowledge of Spider Man story. Unlike Toby’s version, where everything was spoon-fed, here, you need your knowledge of the marvel comic book, or some of the spidey facts from the old movies.
5. There was a connect the dot experience. The “ow, that was their version of the Toby’s version.” Like that “who am i” plot, which concluded both movies. The “great powers comes great responsibility” version. The death of Uncle Ben under a criminal which he let pass, and how he hunted it down.
6. The sweetness of Aunt May was memorable. The meatloaf scene was so human. Just like how Peter cried on his Uncle Ben’s body was so real. These were the Sally Field-Martin Sheen.
7.I never thought that Lizard could be a formidable foe. Yet, as I’ve said, Jurassic Park. The suspense leveled up, and the Lizard as a creature was terrifying, just like the aliens in I Am Number 4. Wow, school as a battleground. Bang.
Watched it on the second day. Pero ngayon lang ako nakareact. Perfect movie adaptation of a comic book. Saktong action, saktong set-up, saktong drama. Sakto lahat ng characters. At ang nasabi ko nga sa nagtanong sa meeting kung maganda ba daw ang Avengers. Oo, pero huwag nang umasang ma-nominate as best picture sa Oscar.
Avengers talaga ang favorite kong Marvel Comics mula pa noong bata ako. Matagal ko na siguro nasabi ito. At iyun na lang. I love the movie. perfectly satisfied. I am planning to watch it again.
Ito na lang. Some AHA moments.
1. Love it when Iron Man refer to Hawkeye (howki) as Legolas and other references.
2. Before i read that the unnamed alien in the film was Thanos, i thought it was Kang.
3. Even Hulk cannot lift Thor’s Hammer, but he can do a Spongebob/Tom&Jerry/Looney Tune beating to the god Loki. Ansaya nung sound of pain ni Loki after that scene. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
4. Captain America being a veteran soldier, unintentionally became the leader, but his catch phrase was not uttered. Maybe they were waiting for his leadership to be formalized. But he did say, “Hulk, SMASH!”
5. Black Widows tale of Hawkeye could be a movie.
6. Loki’s first act of brutality gave a hint of darkness in the film. But it was very much toned down after that. (Nandukot ng mata? Pambata?)
7. The A in the Avengers Building was the A in “Stark” But i’m sure that just like the X-Men, they have an Avengers Mansion.
8. Gwyneth Paltrow was not in the credits. Jane Foster was seen as a poster, i mean a picture on a screen. War Machine was not around (he is from Avengers West Coast after all). No Ant-Man or Wasp. Spider Man was rumored to have a cameo in the second Avengers movie.
9. The Alien Species that attacked were supposed to be the Skrulls, if they were not owned by Fox. The producers opted for the Redacted, instead.